PhD Application Procedure at the Protestant Theological Faculty, Johannes Gutenberg-University, Mainz
- Cover letter including a short statement of motivation.
- Research proposal (10-12 pages) including provisional overview of chapters, provisional bibliography and time schedule. Please highlight the interdisciplinary character of the study project.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Bachelor and Master Diplomas including transcripts of records.
- Proof of German and/or English (TOEFL or IELTS) language proficiency, if you are not a German or English native speaker.
- Two letters of recommendation by professional colleagues (official letterhead of their institution, with stamp and signature) being sent by the referees from an institutional e-mail account.
- Statement of Church affiliation (including proof of WCC membership, affiliation with international ecumenical bodies or membership of National Council of Churches of the particular church body).
- Finance: Since we do not offer scholarships we need to know how and by whom the candidate is supported during the PhD trajectory.
- A written declaration of a qualified member of the Faculty of Protestant Theology of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (usually one of the full Professors) stating his or her preparedness to supervise the particular PhD research.
The application procedure will only be opened after the above mentioned documentation has been completely submitted to the Dean’s office of the Protestant Theological Faculty.
Prof. Dr. Volker Küster